Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$85 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources is seeking a Service Designer to support ongoing major projects for the Corporate and Digital Division. The Service Designer will work in collaboration with the Service Experience Section in undertaking user research, systems mapping, and design and delivery of innovative services. The Service Designer will be responsible for driving a human-centric and holistic approach to service delivery, with a focus on aligning customer, business, and technology needs to deliver effective digital services and delightful customer experiences. This is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services to deliver fast, simple and user-centric services for government and the public.
- A hands-on practitioner with demonstrated experience undertaking and overseeing research activities to map the current state of services, and the customer experience (including back end systems and processes), and effectively communicating insights through visual artefacts and story-telling.
- Demonstrated experienced leading co-design and collaborative workshops with various stakeholders, and a proven ability to break down barriers and effect change - facilitating consensus for decision-making, and instilling creative confidence for generation, evaluation, and refinement of diverse ideas.
- Experience aligning teams to strategic priorities including developing future state value propositions, business models, and service principles, and undertaking change management strategies to ensure adoption of desired processes and behaviours.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of human factors with relevant experience in Human Centred Design, and managing bias within research.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary ICT delivery team.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (User Research, Design, Psychology, Anthropology, etc.), or substantial experience and in leading, coordinating and facilitating research and design activities.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience working in accordance with the Digital Service Standard, and agile frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options