Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is seeking multiple Service Designers to help us design and deliver revolutionary new experiences and improved outcomes for job seekers and employers as part of the New Employment Services Model.
The Service Designers will be responsible for driving a human-centric and holistic approach to service delivery, with a focus on aligning user, business, and technology needs to deliver effective digital services and delightful experiences for all users. The successful candidates will have experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard; including relevant work experience to deliver design and research activities, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
The Service Designers will require the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be able to communicate effectively and manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders; including team members, product owners and executives.
The Department is seeking self-driven, curious individuals with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives.
Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of:
- The DTA Service Design and Delivery Process and Digital Service Standard,
- User research methods,
- Agile ways of working and scaled agile practices,
- User experience design and accessibility in digital services.
- experience in generating journey maps, service blueprints, service models, and clearly articulating actionable insights and opportunities for service and experience improvement
- tell us about a professional contribution you have made to a product, service, team or organisation of which you are proud.
- Experience in maturing organisational design capability through activities including sharing best practice methodologies, templates/techniques and through mentoring staff.
- Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for
- Canberra Only
- North Ryde Only
- Both locations
- experience in overseeing and participating in research activities, generating insights and effectively using qualitative and quantitative data to drive improvements
- have demonstrable experience working in a multidisciplinary team with developers and designers, using an iterative approach to deliver digital services
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate