SOE Engineer / Apps Packager
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Monday, October 18, 2021
Australian Capital Territory,Offsite,New South Wales,Northern Territory,Queensland,South Australia,Tasmania,Victoria,Western Australia
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Agriculture, Water, and the Environment has the requirement for a SOE Engineer / Solution Architect to work on desktop modernisation and business as usual (BAU).
This role does not require the candidate to be located in ACT. We are accepting application from any Capital City (including Cairns) and for the right candidate, will consider remote working options.
Specifically, this role will contribute to the Device and Desktop Program which is maintaining a Windows 10 Standard Operating Environment (SOE) and associated desktop applications to the Department’s staff at a variety of metropolitan, regional and remote sites across Australia and the Pacific.
The successful applicant will be required to assist with the documentation, configuration, and updated builds of a Windows 11 SOE with a focus on InTune MDM App Deployment and associated SCCM, App-V and Application Packaging activities.
They will also be required to perform SCCM Windows desktop OS deployment and automated build processes.
Required Skill Sets
•Strong experience with InTune App deployment and management
•Extensive experience in application packaging, virtualising applications using App-V;
•Experience in whitelisting technologies like AppLocker and AppSense;
•Experience in VB and PowerShell Scripting;
•Strong technical writing skills;
•Experience deploying applications and OS deployment task sequences using SCCM;
•Understanding of technical release and incident management; and
•Working understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy from a SOE perspective.
1. Experience in Apps packaging and deployment for a modern Windows platform
2. Expert knowledge of Windows 10 SOE, application packaging, SCCM, Group Policy, Active Directory, Office365, and Intune
3. Prioritise new support requests and existing work orders, provide timely and effective technical support as required.
4. Experience in application portfolio management and evaluating requests for new software and architecture documentation
5. Skill in preparing written communications and materials such as knowledge base articles and technical instructional documents
1. Record and maintain accurate service details, time records and job notes.
2. Document any solutions as required and notify relevant personnel.
3. Excellent customer service skills.
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
1 x up to 12 months