Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
A reliable Software Developer will provide assurance to Capability Managers that in-service platforms are interoperable and able to pass machine to machine Operational information to maximum tactical efficiency, in accordance with the designed Joint Force architecture.
The OSP shall provide the following services:
- Engage and elicit JCG’s requirements to ensure the ASMTF OPCAT is managed as a capability and that it continues to meet required operational outcomes
- Implement JCG’s ASMTF OPCAT requirements in accordance with extant TDLB Quality Management (QM) and Configuration Management (CM) processes.
- Validate changes to the ASMTF OPCAT including the development of T&E procedures.
- Release up to four ASMTF operational catalogues and supporting documentation per year.
- Undertake CM of the ASMTF OPCAT and IRIS suite of software artefacts in accordance with the extant TDLB QM and CM processes.
- Manage and maintain the deployment of the ASMTF OPCAT and IRIS suite of software products onto the Defence ICT domains.
- Creation and maintenance of AUS national messages.
- Liaise with the National Defence Formal Messaging (DFM) Control Centre (NDCC) for the management and maintenance of the ASMTF IRIS WebForms servers.
- Liaise with the JCG Nominated Standard Authority Release Manager to access ASMTF and associated US and NATO MTF catalogue releases.
- Liaise with the Systematic Software Australia Limited to resolve issues with IRIS Forms software and maintain awareness of and implement planned software updates.
- Liaise with the TDLB Nominated Standard Authority Release Manager to assist with the release of US and NATO controlled MTF information to the Australian Defence Community.
- Maintain TDLB ASMTF Plans, Instructions, Registers, Templates IAW TDLB QM and CM processes
- Monitor and rectify where required, ASMTF and related websites and knowledge databases to ensure program information is accurate and readily available to all MTF users.
- Provide ASMTF helpdesk support to the Defence community via the ASMTF (CASG) Helpdesk function.
- Report to the TDLB TDL Technical Services Senior Application Analyst on the status of extant ASMTF tasks on a weekly basis.
- Knowledge and application of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Previous Military experience in the Operational use of Character based messaging systems.
- A working knowledge of Industry Quality and Configuration Management Practices.
- A working knowledge of Industry Software Development Practices.
- Knowledge and previous experience with IRIS Forms software
Must have an NV1 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate