Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$140 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment are seeking Solution Architects who special in Virtualisation, including on-premises hosting using HCI hardware and VMware software (including vSAN), Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and containers.
It is also expected that the candidate has a strong understanding of how virutalised platforms connect with other infrastructure components and how they function including networking (including Software Defined Networking) AD, SAN, Gateway in addition to experience with cloud technologies and connectivity including AWS and Azure.
The candidate must have a background in design of virtualised platforms and of this includes design documentation, requirements gathering, security controls, data compliance, integration with existing on-premises systems and cloud services.
The candidate must have excellent document writing skills and ability to translate technical and business requirements and platform architecture and governance into written design and operational procedures.
- The candidate will have proven experience in design, implementation, and support of infrastructure environments and virutalised platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure projects and integration of cloud technologies.
- Experience working with government in a similar role.
- Strong technical leadership capabilities and able to deal with complex issues with customers, technicians and vendors.
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively with team members and client stakeholders.
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate