Jobs/SQL Developers and SQL DBAs
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills & Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
SQL Server Database Developer responsible for developing database objects and solutions based on application team requirements, as well as administer the department’s lower environment SQL databases.
- Liaising closely with Project teams in the database design for new and existing applications on SQL Server 2016 and SQL Server 2019
- Coding complex stored procedures, triggers and other scripts using T-SQL
- Developing and maintaining SSIS packages
- Database administration of SQL Servers including Performance Tuning, Backup/Recovery and Security
- Providing ongoing support to Project teams and Production applications and users, including being available after hours on occasion
- Database release management, including liaising with the Release Team and Production DBAs
- Participating in reviews of database design, code and documentation
- Completing the analysis, design, construction and testing of assigned functionality within allocated timeframes
- Understanding and promoting a corporate approach to applications development through the development and re-use of components, standards, procedures and guidelines, and
- Providing supervision, mentoring and skills transfer to staff.
Senior SQL Server Database Administrator responsible for the administration of the department’s on premises and public cloud SQL databases.
You will be expected to assist the team to:
- Develop, implement and review database related infrastructure, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support and advice to application developers in relation to the database environment.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2017/2019
- Demonstrated experience in designing databases
- Demonstrated experience in writing complex stored procedures and scripts with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining large databases, partitions, indexes etc
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing database releases
- Demonstrated experience in documenting database design and maintaining data dictionary,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use communication and negotiation skills to manage stakeholder relationships in a challenging IT environment
- Demonstrated extensive experience and a high technical skill level as a Database Administrator of Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and solving SQL Server service incidents and outages.
- Demonstrated experience in analysing performance issues to determine cause and proposing and implementing solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Public cloud PaaS SQL offerings and Data analytics /data Science related services is desirable.
Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for
- Canberra Only,
- North Ryde Only
- Both locations
- Experience in agile practices and methodologies
- Experience and understanding of DACPAC deployment with Microsoft TFS
- Previous experience with the Department of Education, Skills and Employment systems environment.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate