Jobs/SQL Server Database Developer
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is seeking a skilled SQL developer for assistance with a body of work
- Liaising closely with Project teams in the database design for new and existing applications on SQL Server 2016 and SQL Server 2019
- Coding complex stored procedures, triggers and other scripts using T-SQL
- Developing and maintaining SSIS packages
- Database administration of SQL Servers including Performance Tuning, Backup/Recovery and Security
- Providing ongoing support to Project teams and Production applications and users, including being available after hours on occasion
- Database release management, including liaising with the Release Team and Production DBAs
- Participating in reviews of database design, code and documentation
- Completing the analysis, design, construction and testing of assigned functionality within allocated timeframes
- Understanding and promoting a corporate approach to applications development through the development and re-use of components, standards, procedures and guidelines, and
- Providing supervision, mentoring and skills transfer to staff.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2017/2019
- Demonstrated experience in designing databases
- Demonstrated experience in writing complex stored procedures and scripts with Microsoft SQL Server T-SQL
- Demonstrated experience in supporting large databases in a production environment
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining large databases, partitions, indexes etc.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and managing database releases
- Demonstrated experience in documenting database design and maintaining data dictionary,
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use communication and negotiation skills to manage stakeholder relationships in a challenging IT environment
- Experience in agile practices and methodologies
- Experience and understanding of DACPAC deployment with Microsoft TFS
- Previous experience with the Department of Education, Skills and Employment systems environment.
- Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate