Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Sunday, May 23, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The ICT Operations Branch provides ICT support and underpinning infrastructure services to the department and the Ministers’ Offices, ensuring all staff in the department and MOs have access to stable and secure technology. The ICT Network & Data Centre Management section falls within the ICT Operations Branch. The Data Centre Management Team is responsible for the management of all data centres, server hosts and virtualisation, along with storage, backup and restore capability. The team is also responsible for providing after hours on-call support for our infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the design, administration, tuning and troubleshooting of the following storage systems:
- HPE 3PAR Storage Systems
- HPE StoreOnce Systems
- NetApp E-Series Storage Arrays
- Dell Isilon / PowerScale
- Brocade Fabric Switches
- Brocade Network Advisor
- Ability to produce documentation for processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills to work with skilled technical people, including making presentations to staff and stakeholders and coaching staff.
- An understanding of contemporary ICT delivery approaches and technologies, such as agile, DevOps, cloud and artificial intelligence.
Experience/Knowledge of following technologies:
- VMware vSphere 6.7
- HPE c7000 and Gen9/10 ProLiant Blade Servers
- HPE Synergy Frames and Blades
- HPE DL Rack Mount Servers
- HPE Apollo Servers
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options