Agency / Department
The Australian Cyber Security Centre
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Australian Cyber Security Centre is seeking an experienced System Administrator to assist with the day-to-day operations of the ICT Infrastructure as well as assisting in Project work.
The System Administrator is responsible for complex activities and tasks relating to design, development, integration, configuration, hardening, and documentation of Cyber Security Systems. The System Administrator will conduct these activities whilst working cohesively and flexibly with related stakeholders to the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC).
- Knowledge and experience in Authentication and Authorisation technologies.
- Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- Experience in the following preferred technologies:
- AWS or Azure
- Splunk or Elasticsearch; and/or
- Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Demonstrated experience in conducting systems administration including operating system installation, configuration, integration, hardening, software and patch management, and documentation of Cyber Security Capability systems.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitor system capacity and usage; including identifying and analysing system performance issues, and work in close coordination with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Ability to identify any configuration discrepancies in the system, assess security risks, and implement solutions by adhering to security standards.
- Advise senior management on issues, providing solution options, and implementing management decisions to resolve issues.
- Adhere to security standards, and maintain currency of knowledge regarding the organisation's information security environment.
- Work in a manner that is professional, objective, innovative and efficient.
- General network knowledge and experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of/or experience in DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and continuous integration technologies (Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloudformation, Docker).
- Knowledge of or experience in scripting languages such as Bash and/or Python.
- Experience in delivering CRM solutions.
- Knowledge of or experience in serverless architecture.
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
Potential contract extension of up to 12 months
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate