Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
The Australian Cyber Security Centre
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Australian Cyber Security Centre is seeking an experienced System Administrator to assist with the day-to-day operations of the ICT Infrastructure as well as assisting in Project work.
- Knowledge and experience in Authentication and Authorisation technologies.
- Understanding of various protocols (i.e. DNS, DHCP, NTP) and proxies (i.e. web proxies).
- Experience in the following preferred technologies:
- AWS or Azure
- Splunk or Elasticsearch; and/or
- Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Demonstrated experience in conducting systems administration including operating system installation, configuration, integration, hardening, software and patch management, and documentation of Cyber Security Capability systems.
- Ability to design, develop and maintain all system tools for all scripts and automation processes and monitor system capacity and usage; including identifying and analysing system performance issues, and work in close coordination with related stakeholders to recommend and implement remediation actions.
- Ability to identify any configuration discrepancies in the system, assess security risks, and implement solutions by adhering to security standards.
- Advise senior management on issues, providing solution options, and implementing management decisions to resolve issues.
- Adhere to security standards, and maintain currency of knowledge regarding the organisation's information security environment.
- Work in a manner that is professional, objective, innovative and efficient.
- General network knowledge and experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of/or experience in DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and continuous integration technologies (Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloudformation, Docker).
- Knowledge of or experience in scripting languages such as Bash and/or Python.
- Experience in delivering CRM solutions.
- Knowledge of or experience in serverless architecture.
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
Potential contract extension of up to 12 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate