Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
An exciting opportunity is available to be part of an award-winning multi-year initiative to modernise IP Australia’s core business systems.
At IP Australia you will play an important role in the Patents Modernisation Initiative which is at the forefront of digital transformation through Agile delivery and following DevOps approaches.
This role will work within multi-discipline delivery teams, following Agile methodology to develop modern applications for Patent examiners. Working closely with solution architects, data analysts and other technical specialists the role will support design, development and deployment activities.
Under the direction of the Delivery Manager, Solution Architects and Technical Lead, this role will:
• analyse existing IT systems and business models.
• map and document interfaces between legacy and new systems
• conduct requirements analysis for modified or replacement systems.
• identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability.
• analyse and identify impacts to downstream systems resulting from new system changes.
• establish trusted relationships with impacted system owners/projects and coordinate resolution activities.
• work closely with developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and business acceptance.
• provide training and user manuals to users.
• develop and implement maintenance procedures and troubleshoot reported errors.
• instill a culture of learning, collaboration, and continuous improvement in a team environment.
• work with the delivery manager and team to support an agile delivery model.
• undertake additional duties as required. Applicants must be highly motivated with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively in a multi-discipline team. They must support and contribute to a highly collaborative culture where team members work closely to deliver quality outcomes. Applicants are also expected to be proactive and motivated to build their site knowledge of the complex business and technical areas at IP Australia that are relevant to their role. Note: this role requires candidates to be onsite in Canberra for at least 2 days per week. Opportunities to work remotely up to 3 days per week may be negotiated.
1. Strong knowledge of and demonstrated experience in systems analysis including documenting system interfaces, dependencies and requirements, resolving impacts to downstream systems, producing reports, quality assurance of system changes, and troubleshooting system/data issues
2. Strong communication skills, relationship building and ability to influence others to achieve desired outcomes
3. Demonstrated experience delivering solutions in an Agile environment
1. Experience working with:
• Pega (or similar BPM tool)
• MuleSoft (or similar integration platform)
• Containerisation (OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker)
• AWS Cloud
2. Experience working with: data storage technologies such as NoSQL Elasticsearch, RDBMS PostgreSQL and Oracle
IP Australia ENTRY ONLY must be obtained prior to the start date. No Permanent resident (PR’s) can apply for the role, each candidate must be Australia Citizens
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate