Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
This role is within the JC4ISPO Test and Integration Facility (JTIF) which supports the sustainment of various Special Operations Command (SOCOMD) deployable ICT capabilities.
As an organisation which maintains the status of Authorised Engineering Organisation (AEO) under the Land Materiel Safety Manual (LMSM) engineering framework, JC4ISPO is required to comply with the LMSM during the conduct of any engineering activities to ensure technical integrity of materiel. Consequently, the JTIF requires systems engineering support to ensure the continued sustainment of current capabilities sustained by the JTIF and new capability introduced under various projects are compliant with LMSM regulations.
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Experience and familiarity with CASG engineering activities and planning.
- Experience and familiarity in Systems Engineering, preferably within the CASG / Defence environment (SEMP, Technical Certifications plan, requirements management, ECPs).
- Experience and familiarity with configuration management activities preferably within a CASG / Defence environment under the TRAMM-L or LMSM framework.
- Experience and familiarity with systems safety, security and managing technical risk.
- Demonstrated experience to coordinate and chair workshops in an independent manner.
- Ability to work with limited guidance demonstrating initiative and responsibility.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Graduate qualifications in Engineering, or Systems Engineering (preferred) recognised by Engineers Australia.
- Current experience as a Systems Engineer with strong skills in at least one Systems Engineering domain.
- Recent experience in subsystem integration (hardware and software) and platform integration and experience with ICT systems in a military environment.
must have a current NV1 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate