Expected Rate (inc. Super)
Overview and Responsibilities
The Technical Architect will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will be a highly organised, dynamic, outcome orientated individual with excellent communication skills and technical / development management skills. The product team will be undertaking discovery work on a key digital product, with a target commencement date of 20 April 2020.
The Technical Architect will be accountable under the general direction of the
Product Manager for the planning, management and delivery of key technical architecture outcomes.
The technical architect will form part of the taskforce led by the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) charged with developing a WofG Architecture Framework. The taskforce is based in the DTA and works in collaboration with senior architecture representatives from large Australian government agencies. Key deliverables include creating artefacts of practical value with an emphasis on identifying current technical capability maturity, reuse opportunities and technical assurance that support the digital transformation priorities.
The successful candidate will be familiar with technical architecture development standards, existing agency artefacts used across the APS and their corresponding technical architecture frameworks.
Please note that the product team is largely working remotely for the foreseeable future. This presents a challenge for engaging with stakeholders that a successful candidate will have to navigate. The suitable candidate will initially be required to work remotely, in the longer term onsite, as part of the team at the Digital Transformation Agency.
The successful candidate will attend and actively participate in project planning events as required. And deliver work in a self-managing multi-disciplined team environment. A condition of engagement is that proposed personnel have the required resources to work remotely. Additional expenses incurred by Supplier proposed personnel will not be accepted by the DTA.
You will need to BYO device in the early stages of the engagement. Access will be granted to the agency’s systems based on security clearance and need to know requirements. The DTA can onboard remotely and IT support staff will be available in both its offices in Canberra and Sydney if needed.
- Must have active Baseline Clearance
- Demonstrated experience working as a Technical Architect at the enterprise or Whole of Federal Government (WOfG level).
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement at senior levels.
- Demonstrated experience running technical workshops and applying co-design and technical design methods.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering and presenting Technical Architecture artefacts.
- Demonstrated experience in subject matter that pertains to the operations of the government service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in using Technical Architecture tools
- Experience working effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledge and working experience of Agile product development, particularly Jira