Technical Officers Telecommunication Solutions.
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Finance
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Government Network Services Branch (GNSB) require two Technical Officers at the APS 5 level to support various GNSB telecommunication solutions.
These roles are being advertised or an initial period of up to 6 month with option for 2 x 6 month extensions.
The Government Network Services Branch (GNSB) develops and supports the secure telecommunications needs of the Australian government.
The Branch also manages and operates the server and network infrastructure that hosts the core services and line of business applications that fulfil the department’s output objectives.
The Branch is responsible for providing and managing:
• The Ministerial Communications Network (MCN) which provides secure telecommunication services to all Ministers, Parliamentary Offices, and Agency Heads in Parliament House and throughout Australia;
• The National Telepresence System (NTS) which provides secure video conferencing facilities at Australian Government offices, Parliament House and the offices of Premiers and Chief Ministers in every state and territory;
• The Intra-government Communications Network (ICON), an optical fibre network that links Commonwealth offices throughout Canberra;
• Secure Wide Area Network (WAN) communications services for Australian Government departments with interstate communications requirements;
• GovLINK, a secure inter-agency communication service that encrypts all nominated traffic, classified up to the PROTECTED level, between agency internet gateways; and
• Communications support to whole of government functions such as CHOGM, APEC, G20 and Continuity of Government initiatives.
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
Two six month extensions