Jobs/Technical Team Leader
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
The Treasury (Data Standards Body)
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Australian government has introduced a Consumer Data Right (CDR) giving consumers greater control over their data. Part of this right requires the creation of common technical standards making it easier and safer for consumers to access data held about them by businesses, and – if they choose to – share this data via application programming interfaces (APIs) with trusted, accredited third parties.
The Data Standards Body (DSB), which sits within the Consumer Data Right Division in Treasury, has been established by the Australian Government to deliver open technical standards that support the CDR in empowering Australian consumers to share their data simply and safely with organisations of their choosing.
The DSB is responsible for assisting Mr Andrew Stevens, the Data Standards Chair, in the development of common technical standards to allow Australians to access data held about them by businesses and direct its safe transfer to others
The work of standards development is conducted as part of the development of the CDR regulatory framework. The DSB works in close consultation with Treasury colleagues responsible for CDR policy, rules, sectoral assessments, engagement with the CDR community and program leadership, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) as lead regulator of the Consumer Data Right, supported by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
The Consumer Data Right is intended to apply sector by sector across the whole economy, beginning in the banking sector. The next step for Consumer Data Right is in the energy and telecommunications sectors with other sectors to follow.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant API design and/or development experience, especially including related standards such as FAPI.
- The ability to provide overall strategic leadership for the delivery of the Data Standards, and engineering artefacts to specifications set out by Treasury, the CDR Rules, CDR regulators and the Chair.
- The ability to lead and motivate a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed team, seeking feedback internally and externally and flexibly adjusting technical delivery as required to meet the needs of the Data Standards Body.
- A track record establishing and maintaining cross-industry partnerships to achieve tangible results.
- Willingness to comply with relevant policies and procedures as expected of, and by, Treasury employees.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
One x 12 month extension option
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate