Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment has multiple openings for Technical Writers.
The Department is looking for a talented Technical Writer to:
- Engage with internal teams to obtain a high level of understanding of the applications and documentation requirements.
- Plan, develop and write technical procedures and manuals.
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications.
Work with internal teams to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for a broad range of technical and administrative tasks undertaken in support of application administration and enabling services such as database, release and infrastructure support.
- Demonstrated experience in technical writing of bespoke software documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new concepts, develop both business and technical contexts and adjust documentation language according to target audiences.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate with business and technical personnel.
- Well-developed documentation skills for writing clear concise technical requirements.
- Sound and effective organisational skills, including the ability to manage changes to technical requirements and priorities and work within tight timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team to achieve outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Department of Education, Skills and Employment Programs and supporting applications
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two option periods of twelve months each:
- 1 Jul 2021 to 30 Jun 2022,
- 1 Jul 2022 to 30 Jun 2023
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate