Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Whole of Government (WofG) Permissions Capability Taskforce is a joint Taskforce between the DTA and Home Affairs. The Taskforce is responsible for delivery of the Permissions Capability that can underpin the modernisation of visa and citizenship services delivery with Home Affairs, which can then be reused across agencies for other permissions-based services. The DTA is the policy owner for reuse of the Permissions Capability across government.
This role is responsible for working with a technical representative of a selected provider, along with Business, Information and Data Architects within the Taskforce, to develop a technical artefact that captures the design of Permissions Capability for future use across government. This role will be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of this artefact, which aims to deliver the earliest value of reuse and enable consuming agencies access to leverage the learnings of the Permissions Capability progressively as the foundational work matures.
Conceptually, the artefact will share similarities to DTA’s Protected Utility Blueprint, that describes the technical design for a PROTECTED implementation of the Microsoft Office365 environment.
Role specific tasks/responsibilities:
- Working with the broader taskforce, document and maintain a series of patterns, or technical artefacts, that capture the design of the Permissions Capability
- Ensure that the technical designs of the Permissions Capability articulated in such a way that future agencies can understand and leverage learnings
- Understand and communicate the distinction between use-case specific and common, whole of government aspects of the Permissions Capability
- Confidently explain your design decisions and rationale and be open to and encourage critique
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and developing technical artefacts
- Demonstrated experience in a Program/Project delivery environment.
- Sound analytical skills including a demonstrated capacity to critically assess a wide range of information and articulate the results of analysis in both words and visualisations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to engage with stakeholders, including Senior Executive Service officers, diagrammatically, verbally and in writing.
- 3+ years in a technical role or a role that requires the delivery of highly technical documents
- An understanding or previous experience in Whole of Government programs is desirable
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 6 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate