Jobs/Test Analyst (Senior Test Engineer)
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Health Systems branch requires Test Analyst (Senior Test Engineer). The Test Analyst (Senior Test Engineer) ensures that their test effort is effectively executed and that allocated activities are completed in a structured, consistent manner in accordance with agreed test guidelines.The Test Analyst (Senior Test Engineer) uses their in-depth knowledge to provide technical advice and development to less experienced testers.The Test Analyst (Senior Test Engineer) works under the general direction and support of senior staff. They exercise a degree of independent judgement and make decisions within defined parameters that require reliance on skills and knowledge. They plan their own work and contribute to team work goals in the context of competing priorities, and changes in workplace practices and business improvement strategies.
- Executing assigned test cases at various stages of testing on appropriate testing platforms
- Developing test plans, test cases, task cards, and supporting test data and/or requirements, under own direction from the specifications provided
- Analysing and reporting on test activities and results, and escalate issues and risks to senior staff
- Contributing to team improvement initiatives and projects, including team tools, process changes, and test automation
- Identifying, managing and documenting defects, programming errors and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications
- Conducting testing to ensure the ICT service functions as per requirements
- Creating test data within external software vendor environment8. accurately recording time and effort for test casescollaborate with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely implementation of projects.
- Minimum of five years as a senior test analyst experience on large scale enterprise wide application development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in SOAPUI and SQL
- Demonstrated experience working in test automation using QTP
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment whilst maintaining focus and achieving outcomes and deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in the development of test automation scripts
- Demonstrated experience in working in a test environment
Must hold or be eligible to obtain a Baseline Security Clearance
Upto 24 months
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate