Test Automation Engineer, Melbourne - VIC
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Agency / Department
National Disability Insurance Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The National Disability Insurance Agency - Office of the CIO (NDIA OCIO) – is undertaking major work programs to deliver innovative fit-for-need ICT-based solutions to improve the National Disability Insurance Scheme. We are seeking highly-skilled and energetic Test Automation Engineers to join the Office of the CIO (OCIO). The Test Automation Engineer will embed effective test automation technologies, practices and execution across a suite of new leading-edge strategic technology solutions being delivered by the NDIA Strategic Projects branch, including cloud hosted platforms, Mobile applications, CRM portals and more. Automated testing of Salesforce solutions will be a core component of your role. Working closely with the branch’s Test Manager, the Test Automation Engineer will work within a Scrum team to establish and integrate test automation within the Scrum workflow and build processes. You have an integral role in the team, driving quality and efficiency. Automated testing of Salesforce solutions will be a core component of your role
•Implement automation frameworks, ensuring usability, effectiveness, efficiency and maintainability are met. Frameworks must support backend and UI components, with a particular emphasis on Accessibility
•Set standards for writing test code and automation coding principles to be used across the team
•Drive in-Sprint delivery of automated tests meeting acceptance criteria and enable Definition of Done
•Write tests and supporting automation code
•Prepared to create manual scenarios as well.
•Oversee the continual improvement of automation testing practices
•Manage risks and issues related to the provision of automated tests
•Support the Test Manager to grow the team of automation testers and breadth of coverage.
1. Direct experience building and executing automated test regimes as part of a DevOps team using CI/CD methodologies.
2. Expert “hands-on” technical proficiency with UI functional automation using Selenium WebDriver and BDD frameworks like Cucumber
3. Solid skills on testing REST API using Postman and writing automation scripts for REST API tests.
4. Hands-on experience using continuous integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo and building automation test pipelines.
5. Experience on testing Salesforce solution highly desirable.
6. Analytical, and attention to detail.
7. Ability to work with a high degree of role autonomy and “can do” attitude.
8. Passion for driving quality through testing and automation.
9. Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering, Computing Science or Mathematics or another relevant technical field.
10. 2-5 years’ experience in a test automation role.
11. 8+ years’ experience in Software Development.
Pre-engagement Checks will be undertaken by NDIA and commencement is subject to the Specified Personnel meeting the standard in relation to the Pre-Engagement Check requirements. The Contractor must comply with and ensure ongoing compliance with the Pre-Engagement Checks. NDIA welcome candidates that hold the right to work within Australia.
3 x 6 months