Jobs/Transition Roadmap - Business Analyst
Agency / Department
Australian Financial Security Authority
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The purpose of this activity is to develop a roadmap that helps to prioritise, based on economic sensibility (including asset expiry, associated licensing, and upcoming contracts costs), Australian Financial Security Authority's (AFSA) transition to cloud hosted services.
AFSA's Data Centre's were refreshed in FY18/19 and since then we've been gradually preparing to transition our services to cloud hosting, which with modern technology, is more suitable for an organisation of AFSA's size and requirements.
The transition to the cloud can be costly and for a period of time there is duplication of costs, as we move our services from one environment to the next. If considered thoroughly, this cost can be minimised by maximising the investment in data centre technology made through the recent data centre refresh.
Like many organisations across the world, AFSA's response to the pandemic involved a prompt move to leveraging cloud hosted tools that enable us to work effectively in far more remote ways than before. This rapid escalation has caused some planning and financial pitfalls, and now is the time to review what the logical next steps in AFSA's transition to the cloud are.
This activity will produce an artefact, or set of artefacts that map out the expiry of existing technology (including licenses, support and maintenance contracts, and asset life) and measure these expirations against the systems that the technologies support. The artefact can be used to detail an economically sensible sequence for our transition to cloud services, that minimises total cost by leveraging AFSA's existing investment in data centre technology.
The Business Analyst will be tasked with:
- Create a list of all AFSA Services and Systems:
- Every business app in AFSA.
- Every ICT App in AFSA
- Every service
- Categorisation: Business / Corporate / Insolvency
- Analyse and capture the following sources of EOL:
- Assets EOL (e.g. DC assets and End User Computing Assets)
- Software licenses
- Support contracts
- Using the above information:
- Build a layered stack diagram highlighting Expiration of items
- Attempt to associate systems and services to assets, licenses and contracts
- Develop a proposed timeline/schedule for transition, overlay the costs of contracts and items to help prioritise.
- Business Analyst with good technical skills.
- Experience moving from internal data center, on premise, legacy systems and technology to transitioning to cloud based technology.
Must have current baseline clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate