Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment seeks an experienced UI/UX Designer to create new and improved user experiences across a range of employment related programs and channels. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artefacts and transform them into innovative and highly usable user interfaces.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UI Design with a strong portfolio with focus on the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in translating high-level, business visions into clear, measurable goals, design concepts and principles, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes of innovative and highly usable digital experiences.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Figma, Invision or similar wireframing, design and prototyping tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Experience supporting and participating in user research and service design activities.
- Understanding of and experience designing and implementing to meet web accessibility standards.
- Proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary team, building rapport and managing stakeholder expectations
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders, and clearly articulate design decisions through a well-conceived rationale
- Experience designing, testing, maintaining and communicating comprehensive Design Systems and style guides
- Experience in working in an Agile development process
- Experience with analytical tools to test user experience
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two option periods of twelve months each:
- a.1 Jul 2021 to 30 Jun 2022,
- b.1 Jul 2022 to 30 Jun 2023
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate