Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
User researchers at the DTA work closely with multidisciplinary teams and are responsible for helping teams to build an understanding of users needs, behaviours and motivations. The User Researcher will have extensive experience working in Government and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard and the service design and delivery process.
- Demonstrate a minimum of 3 years experience in User Research, and demonstration of leading user research, including selecting and defining process, facilitating sessions, mentoring team members and making recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience in compelling written, visual and verbal communication of user research insights that effectively communicate to a wide audience
- Demonstrated experience with leading synthesis and sensemaking of qualitative research
- Demonstrated experience working within a user experience capability within Government and sense making for good design outcomes
- Knowledge of the methodology used by the DTA, familiarity with the research and design community within DTA and the APS.
- Ability to work at pace in a collaborative environment as part of an multi-disciplined cross-agency team.
- Demonstrated experience of applying the correct research practice across different stages of a service (i.e. Discovery, Alpha and Beta).
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
One (1) extension for up to six (6) months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate