Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
Who we are:
In late 2020, as part of Busting Congestion for Agricultural Exporters the Trade Reform and Digital Trade Initiatives divisions were established to develop and deliver the vision and strategy for agricultural exports, and to coordinate the range of the export business and digital reform programs that are currently underway. At the heart of this reform package is the modernisation of export systems by building Digital Services to Take Farmers to Markets.
The Department is building significant digital capability within the Congestion Busting Program. They seek a User Researcher to design and conduct user research and build insights from target users to understand motivations, pain-points and needs. Further, identifying the most effective research method based on tried and tested methodologies and processes for generative and evaluative research.
• Plans and carries out research activities to help the team build a deep understanding of the people who use the service.
• Works with the Product Manager to design research activities to support upcoming features in the roadmap.
• Grows a qualitative evidence base of contextual user research to guide the team in delivering services which meet user needs.
• Collaborates with other team members to embed the understanding of users into day-to-day activities.
• Conducts research to gather insights for product development
• Work closely with designers and developers to turn the user data into service requirements that feeds into the prototype development Skills & Experience
• Strong background working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams in a large scale digital transformation
• Extensive experience using a range of user research methods
• Exceptional ability in designing research activities
• Demonstrable experience and capability working with a diverse range of users
• Evidence based experience of aligning work with organisational / team strategy
• Over-arching knowledge of technologies used to deliver digital services
• Good understanding of the social and digital context for transformation
• A collaborative team player with a solution focus
• Excellent communicator in both verbal and written form
• Relevant tertiary qualifications
1. • Strong background working in agile, multi-disciplinary teams in a large scale digital transformation
2. • Evidence based experience of aligning work with organisational / team strategy
3. • Demonstrable experience and capability working with a diverse range of users
4. • Extensive experience using a range of user research methods
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
Potential for 2 x 12 month extensions
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate