Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Monday, January 17, 2022
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales,Victoria
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment is seeking a User Researcher to help us design and deliver revolutionary new experiences and improved outcomes for job seekers and employers as part of the New Employment Services Model.
The User Researcher will work closely with multidisciplinary teams and is responsible for helping their team to build an understanding of user’s needs, behaviors, and motivations.
They will take the lead designing research plans, identifying the most suitable research methods and facilitating research with users or potential users of a product or service.
Following research, they will communicate findings back to the whole team and work with the team to create actionable insights to guide design.
The successful candidate will have experience working in Agile and, ideally, experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard; including relevant work experience to deliver design and research activities, and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement.
The Department is seeking self-driven, curious individual with a keen desire to learn, adapt, and make continuous improvement; being committed to seeing things through and delivering on key results and objectives.
Applicants should demonstrate an understanding of:
• The DTA Service Design and Delivery Process and Digital Service Standard,
• User research methods, usability, and accessibility in digital services,
• Agile ways of working and scaled agile practices.
1. Experience in leading and conducting exploratory/discovery and later research activities, synthesising, generating insights and effectively using qualitative and quantitative data to drive improvements.
2. Experience in compelling written, visual and verbal communication of user research insights that effectively communicate to a wide audience from designers and developers to stakeholder and executives
3. Tell us about a professional contribution you have made to a product, service, team or organisation of which you are proud.
1. Have demonstrable experience working in a multidisciplinary team with developers and designers, using an iterative approach to deliver digital services
2. Experience working within a user experience capability within Government.
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance
a. 1/7/2022 - 30/6/2023 b. 1/7/2023 - 30/6/2024