Jobs/UX Designer / Front End Developer
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Industry, Science, Energy, and Resources is seeking to fill an interaction design / front end development role to support ongoing major projects across the Corporate and Digital Division. The role will be responsible for driving a human-centric approach to service delivery, with a focus on understanding customer, business, and technology needs and balancing these to deliver effective digital services. This is an opportunity to play an integral part in the transformation of government services and deliver fast, simple and user-centric services.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to support multiple departmental digital initiatives, and service improvements for public-facing and internal services, as part of agile multi-disciplinary teams, in the Corporate and Digital Division.
- Demonstrated experience designing wireframes, user interfaces, and interactive prototypes with a high attention to detail and ability to rapidly prototype, test, and iterate designs.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders, and clearly articulate design decisions through a well-conceived rationale.
- Experience in working with others to translate findings from usability testing into actionable improvements to a user interface.
- Tertiary Qualifications in a design related discipline (Human Factors, Communication/Graphic Design, Systems Design, Psychology, Computer Interaction, Web development etc.).
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary ICT delivery team.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate