Jobs/UX / Product Designers
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Department of Education, Skills and Employment seeks experienced UX / product designers to create new and improved online services across a range of employment related programs and channels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applying different design disciplines and contemporary user experience best practices
- Demonstrated experience in translating high-level, business visions into clear, measurable goals, design concepts and principles, user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes of innovative and highly usable digital experiences
- Experience in maturing organisational design capability through activities including sharing best practice methodologies/ templates/ techniques and through mentoring staff.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence technical and non-technical stakeholders by clearly articulating your vision, design concepts and recommendations through a thoughtful rationale in the context of the business problems to be solved and desired behavioral outcomes.
- Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for
- Canberra Only
- North Ryde Only
- Both locations
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and/or large scale projects
- Experience supporting, actively contributing to, or leading user research activities, including strong empathy and analytical skills.
- Experience supporting, actively contributing to, or leading information architecture activities, including reviewing analytics data, designing and testing IAs with Treejack or similar
- Experience working in complex or large-scale digital transformation programs in Government in an Agile delivery process (e.g. Scrum or similar)
- Experience designing, testing, maintaining and communicating comprehensive Design Systems and style guides
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate