Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Grains Research & Development Corporation
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
1. Develop high-quality corporate reports using Power BI and other analytics and visualisation tools. 2. Undertake analysis of data to identify any constraints or limitations with data, provide design advice to ensure reports are not misleading and convey information as intended. 3. Work within a multi-disciplinary team including the CIO, Head of IT Operations, business analysts and other GRDC IT team members to realise identified reporting and analytics requirements to agreed standards. 4. Participate in workshops to help define and refine reporting requirements and provide advice as to what is possible and timely. 5. Undertake business process and system analysis to develop a good understanding of the relevant business/system rules, and to understand the context under which data is collected. 6. Identify and source appropriate data, implement ETL solutions by leveraging available tools and applying appropriate rules, design and develop data models and datasets to support report and metrics development. 7. Respond to business process and system change by performing impact analysis on data assets and make modifications as per requirements. 8. Apply statistical techniques where applicable to gain a deeper understanding of the data and to support decision making. 9. Ability to draw insights from data through continuous consultation with relevant stakeholders, effective data preparation and usage of visualisation tools.
1. Experience in collecting, analysing and transforming large datasets to derive valuable insights.
2. Excellent written and oral communication with the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders at varying levels in the organisation.
1. Relevant tertiary Qualifications
2. Experience using Power bi to generate high quality reports for a variety of audiences.
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate