Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$80 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
With the growing need to provide online and virtual training, the web developer supports the development of eLearning training, education and development programs and products. The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex and possibly sensitive in nature, utilising expertise and knowledge within the area of web development to develop, deliver, coordinate, plan and test relevant and engaging web based products. They will provide accurate advice, guidance and assistance on all aspects of the development and delivery of web products and programs using best practice and contemporary approaches to web development and design.
- Develop, deliver, coordinate, plan and test relevant and engaging web based products.
- Create and implement supporting material, exercises and activities to support engaging and compelling eLearning training and development packages which form part of the organisational training and development program.
- Produce evidence on the effectiveness of eLearning programs, products or packages through the use of clear and measurable success criteria and reporting.
- Provide accurate advice, guidance and assistance on all aspects of the development and delivery of web products and programs using best practice and contemporary approaches to web development and design.
- Provide analysis on complex issues and contribute to the management, preparation and coordination of policy formulation and/or project management.
- Faciliatate knowledge transfer in the creation and or maintenance of web-based eLearning products within NTEU, building team capacity.
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals.
- Provide accurate specialist advice, guidance and reporting on team functional responsibilities.
- Communicate and make decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed by the Management.
Additional responsibilities during an Electoral Event
- Manage a significant increase in the volume and urgency of requests for advice prior to and during both electoral and referendum events.
- Provide assistance where required to the wider National Training and Education Unit.
- Knowledge and experience in developing web-based animation using various technologies including those listed above at an advanced level.
- Understanding of UX principles and demonstrated ability to apply them to web-based products.
- Ability to document source code and maintain a code base.
- Knowledge and experience in incorporating analytics into web-based products.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Unity or Unreal. Photo and video editing experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with Moodle or Totara learning management systems
- An understanding of learning design
Initial contract term to 30 June 2021
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate