Jobs/1x Qlik Dashboard Developer
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$130 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The business analyst will be part of a team developing data and analytics products for the department to monitor performance, manage operations and conduct analysis in the delivery of employment services. The team’s work program for 2021-22 includes developing, refining and automating a large number of dashboards, reports and other statistical products to improve the timely provision of data insights to internal and external stakeholders.
Working in collaboration with data experts in the Employment Services Performance and Data Development Branch, the contractor will:
• Build dashboards for executive reporting and program analysis, in Qlik Sense, following report design documentation provided by business analysts
• Apply departmental data and reporting standards to dashboards to ensure consistency with the data management framework
• Assist in the creation of user guides and standardisation documents for dashboard design and technical development
1. Expert knowledge using Qlik Sense to extract and present data, including building complex measures and set expressions
2. Experience coding in Structured Query Language (SQL) using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
3. Excellent data presentation and communication skills with a strong eye for detail
4. Experience working with large administrative datasets.
5. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a proven ability to work within complex systems and apply creative solutions to achieve program goals.
1. Good analytical skills including segmentation, cohort, time series and regression modelling.
2. Experience using similar data visualisation software to Qlik Sense (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, RShiny) to extract and present data.
1 x 6 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate