3 X Data Analysts
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Thursday, December 16, 2021
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales,Offsite
Agency / Department
National Skills Commission within the Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The key responsibilities for this role include:
•Extracting and integrating data from a variety of sources to develop and maintain a range of reports and analytics products for both internal and external stakeholders.
•Working with big data sets from a range of structured and unstructured sources to draw insights and develop visualisations.
•Maintaining a high level of record keeping and data management across a range of IT systems.
•Preparing statistical reports, briefs, minutes, and other documents and to a high standard.
•Managing data modelling and analysis projects, including managing and overseeing the work of a team with varying levels of data modelling expertise.
•Utilising data to develop high-quality and evidence-based analysis and reports.
1. Proficiency in one or more programming languages (particularly SQL and/or R) and the use of Excel to conduct analysis.
2. Demonstrated experience working with big data sets from a range of structured and unstructured sources to draw insights and develop visualisations.
3. Proven ability to interrogate modelling inputs and outputs and prepare analysis and advice.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders and both technical and non-technical audiences.
5. Ability to build the technical capability and knowledge of other staff members.
1. Experience working with Azure Databricks would be an advantage.
2. Knowledge of the Australian VET system would be an advantage.
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance