Jobs/ADABAS Natural Developer - Mainframe
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$180 per hour***
New South Wales
Under the direction of the IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing software utilising ADABAS Natural programming language
- Producing relevant technical documentation in accordance with ASIC's SDLC.
- Assisting as required with deployment and transition to BAU activities.
- Undertaking additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
- Working professionally, positively and cooperatively as part of the team and ASIC, modelling the values of Accountability, Professionalism and Teamwork.
- Taking all reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of fellow workers and any other person at the workplace that may be affected by your actions.
- Excellent knowledge and skills associated with developing, delivering and deploying software Using ADABAS Natural
- Demonstrated ability to conduct full design and code reviews for new and modified modules;
- Demonstrated experience in JCL, TSO and partitioned data sets
- Documentation of technical specifications and systems design.
- Contribution to the gathering of business and technical requirements
- Developing top quality application solutions, adhering to chosen methodology, policies, procedures, standards and security practices
- Proven experience in developing solution and system designs and technical specifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in NATURAL Programming, including both Online and Batch environments
- Experience with Natural CONSTRUCT
- Messaging experience using MQ is desirable
- Solid experience with ADABAS Database
- A relevant tertiary qualification in information technology, from a recognised educational/accredited institution is desirable and/ or equivalent substantial relevant work experience (current or previous).
It is essential that the successful candidate possesses strong skills and extensive experience in the software development using ADABAS Natural. The candidate will need to have well developed liaison, communication and people skills as they will be working closely with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
The selection criteria include the qualifications, experience and capabilities required for the role. Your application will be reviewed based on ability to demonstrate, or potential to develop, the capabilities required.
- Knowledge/experience related to ASIC's Registry Solutions
- Accreditation, certification and/or professional membership with a relevant industry association is desirable.
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate