Jobs/Automation Centre of Excellence Developer
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$45 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Assessment and Client Contact (ACC) manage biosecurity risks and facilitate market access by performing a range of functions including client contact (phone, email and online), inspection bookings and document assessment for cargo and conveyances in imports and exports.
With the implementation of new and innovative document assessment automation/robotic technology underway in ACC, an Automation Centre of Excellence (ACE) has been established. The ACE provides significant contribution in implementing and supporting automation technology to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness for document assessment practices. This in turn supports the national biosecurity system in continuing to work smarter into the future.
- Supporting the management and planning of the intelligent process automation (IPA) program and associated projects.
- Designing, developing and testing robust, secure and configurable automation workflows and related process documentation.
- Conducting regular performance/code reviews of automation software.
- Managing changes to environments for the digital workforce.
- Successfully engaging in multiple initiatives simultaneously and being responsive to changing requirements.
- Interpreting business requirements to develop technology solutions and managing the project through its life cycle.
- Assuring the quality of the automation.
- Developing and maintaining positive working relationships.
1. These requirements are essential:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in software development.
- Proven experience with object oriented programming.
- Understanding of IT development and deployment processes. • Experience in .NET (C#) and .NET framework application development.
- Experience in a scripting language and Robotic/Intelligent Processing automation development.
2. Demonstrated ability to implement an IT solution or project to improve a complex business process. The applicant will be required to quickly develop an understanding of the relevant legislation, guidelines, and operational context.
3. Demonstrated experience solving complicated software development problems with comprehensive and elegant solutions using your technical ability.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience working closely with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
Must have current baseline clearance
Possibility of 2 x up to 12 months options to extend
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate