Agency / Department
Australian Competition & Consumer Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
An exciting opportunity exists to join the ACCC’s Working Smarter Program team as a Benefits Manager. We are looking for a driven and talented professional who is an exemplary communicator, has a strong track record of achieving results, who can quickly build effective working relationships, help deliver change across a range of different initiatives and respond well to emerging priorities.
The Benefits Manager is responsible for iterating on an existing benefits management framework and identifying, measuring, tracking and monitoring program, service and project level benefits. The role also involves establishing and managing processes to support and govern effective benefits enablement and realisation to ensure that the program meets objectives.
The Benefits Manager will also be expected to support general program management functions as required, with a particular initial focus on program risk management. You will be a highly organised, dynamic, outcome orientated individual with excellent communication skills and will be joining a multi-talented and diverse team and report to the Program Manager.
- Demonstrated benefits management and risk management experience within complex and highly integrated delivery programs.
- Demonstrated ability in implementing benefit management frameworks, benefit management practices, benefit profiles, realisation plans and associated metrics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to articulate program level benefits and associated metrics to support executive and ministerial narratives.
- Demonstrated strong stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to influence.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teams to provide assurance of risks, issues, costs and dependencies associated with benefits.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, complex work environment managing competing priorities simultaneously.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching staff in the benefits management process. Knowledge of risk and issue management principles and an understanding of the ISO 31000 Risk Management Principles.
- Experience working in a Portfolio or Program Management Office to support broader functions as required, including governance, risks and issues, and reporting.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
One x 12 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate