Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$85 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Attorney-General's Department (AGD) is seeking the services of a skilled and diverse Business Analyst with experience working as part of a tight knit multi-disciplinary team on projects delivered using agile.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must be able to:
- Independently lead and facilitate discussions and/or workshops with a wide variety of stakeholders, ensuring a common understanding and definition of requirements
- Translate business requirements and/or legislative instruments into business process models and further defining into application features
- Define and demonstrate these features for both technical and non technical audiences through diagrams, user stories or other design artefacts
- Maintain a line of continuous and transparent conversation with business areas, facilitating feedback and improvement in order to represent the views of the business to the broader delivery team and ensuring delivery of a quality fit for purpose outcome
- Facilitate backlog refinement, review, retrospective and planning sessions as required
The successful candidate will be working with business and technical project staff who have varied knowledge and experience in an Agile software development environment.
This is an exciting opportunity working on a new project initiative.
- The right attitude is paramount to successful outcomes. You are someone that enjoys working in a tight-knit agile project team that includes technical staff and stakeholders. You communicate well, share knowledge and experiences, have a can-do and flexible approach, and recognise the importance of following Department processes and documentation requirements.
- Experience leading the development of process and artefacts (such as): • use case diagrams • flowcharts and business process models • detailed requirements as both user stories or detailed requirements definitions • user interface prototypes and wireframes • other documents required to facilitate the successful delivery of an agile project
- Must have experience working on agile projects with either experience or aptitude to facilitate refinement, planning, review and retrospectives. Agile certifications highly regarded.
- Must have excellent communication skills with experience facilitating discussions and/or workshops with a wide variety of stakeholders, and ensuring continuous and transparent conversation with business areas, to ensure delivery of a quality fit-for-purpose outcome
Must have current negative vetting level 1 clearance
The department may extend for period or periods up to 30 June 2022
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate