Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$135 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will lead and drive the implementation of cloud systems within the Department. They will have the IT skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement. They will have the ability to work as part of an agile team and communicate with a range of internal and external stakeholders confidently and clearly.
The Cloud Engineer will be required to:
• Work to the Cloud Capability team and departmental projects to identify and implement the optimal cloud-based solutions in Microsoft Azure and M365.
• Plan, design and develop cloud-based application infrastructure.
• Manage cloud environments in accordance with departmental technical and security guidelines.
• Deploy and service cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle
• Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required
• Employ problem-solving skills, with the ability to anticipate and solve issues before problems arise
• Lead and develop best practices for the larger Cloud Capability team
• Orchestrate and automate cloud-based platforms throughout the organisation.
1. Demonstrated understanding of cloud based technologies and architectures, in particular within Microsoft Azure and Office 365
2. Demonstrated experience designing, documenting, and implementing cloud, applications or infrastructure based architectures for large, complex enterprise systems.
3. Demonstrated experience in application architecture and integration architecture
4. Demonstrated track record of applications or infrastructure technical leadership across project and operational tasks
1. Experience in working effectively with a highly skilled technical team in an agile environment
2. Ability to communicate effectively and liaise with a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
Must Have current baseline clearance
2 x 12 months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate