Agency / Department
Digital Transformation Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Digital Profession aims to lift the digital capability of the Australian Public Service (APS) workforce to transform government services. Its objective is to improve the digital expertise of individuals, organisations, and the APS workforce, and to meet digital capability needs to transform government services. The Digital Profession hosts programs, events, and initiatives to uplift capability and provide opportunities for learning and career development of the APS digital workforce.
Moving into its next phase, the Digital Profession has an ambitious goal to grow its membership and become the standard of excellence for APS digital professionals. The Digital Profession Team needs an experienced and enthusiastic Communications Manager to start working immediately to promote and build awareness of the Digital Profession.
This role would suit a candidate who has public sector experience:
- managing and coordinating communications strategies and campaigns
- delivering against key strategic objectives
- supporting engagement and communication activities across a program of work.
This role is responsible for leading the development and delivery of internal and external communications strategies, services, and subject matter expert advice to support the Digital Profession and its programs, initiatives and events. The position will increase the communications capacity of the team and enhance the Digital Profession’s brand and reputation.
- promote and grow membership of the Profession in the APS
- increase engagement with the Profession’s members and users of its programs, initiatives, and events
- help the Digital Profession to meet its strategic communications objectives.
- University degree in communications or related field, or at least 3 years work experience in communication and engagement type work.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing complex communications campaigns and strategies.
- Broad industry experience and knowledge in a senior communications role within a large corporate complex environment.
- Experience using content managements systems (Drupal/GOVCMS) and writing for digital platforms and social media.
- High-level agile delivery capability according to agreed timelines, with the ability to take initiative and manage multiple competing priorities.
- Understanding of the Digital Service Standard and Style Manual.
- Experience working in the public sector, leading, or managing strategic communications and campaigns.
- Experience developing and implementing lead capture and nurture initiatives.
- Experience creating and supporting the implementation of change management strategies.
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 3 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate