Agency / Department
Department of Defence
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
This role is within the CASG environment working on Land 200 Phase 3 Battlefield Command System project, completing complex strategic procurement and contracting work within an integrated workforce. The Commercial Officer will provide domain expertise for planning and actioning the required work packages for Defence major acquisition. The Commercial Officer will collaborate within an integrated project team, often as an expert contributor to smaller working teams led by a project manager. The Commercial Officer will report to the Project Director Land 200 Phase 3 while ensuring alignment with CASG materiel procurement policy advisers, and compliance with legislation, procurement policies, processes and procedures. This position will be expected to engage with project stakeholders when required. The position may manage one or more commercial staff within the project.
- Working in and contributing to a multidisciplinary project team environment including to coordinate and provide procurement advice, assistance, products and services to facilitate risk management, ethics and probity.
- Coordination of a team to prepare, conduct and finalise Defence major acquisition activities within the CASG environment.
- Lead author, and review, complex strategic procurement and contracting documentation including providing high level advice in relation to commercially sensitive reports, submissions, and other documents as required.
- Analyse, identify and develop mitigation strategies for the risks associated with procurement and contracting activities, contract performance, and compliance with legislative and policy frameworks.
- Translate and apply legal principles, legislative and policy compliance obligations, commercial risk and performance requirements related to the Commonwealth Procurement Framework.
- Coordinate and provide procurement advice, assistance, products and services to facilitate risk management, ethics and probity.
- Experience in preparing for and conducting strategic procurement activities pertaining to Defence major acquisition or Commonwealth procurement including drafting and reviewing tendering documentation and correspondence.
- Experience in the application of the Commonwealth Procurement Framework, commercial principles and performance management frameworks related to procurement and contracting within Defence or the Commonwealth.
- The ability to lead and provide clear direction on the acquisition work packages required in the Defence Capability Life Cycle, including coordination of legal and financial services.
- Ability to work in a team in a complex environment to deliver outcomes on time and to a high quality
- Commercial and procurement experience with communication system or other technically complex materiel and/or technical services.
must have a current NV1 clearance
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate