Jobs/Cyber Security Architect – ICT Projects, Melbourne - VIC
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
National Disability Insurance Agency
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$135 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
This role is responsible for ongoing development of solution cyber security assessments and architectural designs for projects across the National Disability Scheme’s participant, provider and partner domains. The role has a specific focus on the delivery of secure application and service solutions within digital transformation activities.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Deliver high quality cyber security solution assessments and architectures that are fit for business purpose.
• Provide authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls in collaboration with experts in other project functions, ensuring adequate adherence to Agency and Australian Government standards, policies and legislation.
• Align solutions with Agency goals and objectives, Enterprise Architecture reference models, principles, policies, standards and roadmaps.
• Possess a good working knowledge of the current ASD ISM, PSPF, Australian Privacy Principles and Privacy Act, Australian Government Hosting Certification Framework and Australia Government Cyber Security Strategy 2020
• Liaise with solution stakeholders to ensure that expected business outcomes are achieved.
• Maintain technical oversight of the solution’s cyber security considerations and assist with resolution of complex issues arising during project delivery.
• Facilitate technical decision making in accordance with the Agency’s cyber security risk assessment model.
• Present the project solution cyber security proposal for consideration and approval at the appropriate Architectural Governance forums.
• Undertake other duties within the cyber security realm as instructed by the Director Solution Architecture.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent tertiary qualification with a focus in Information Technology or Computer Science is mandatory. Higher education specialisations in cyber security will be highly regarded.
2. Current CISSP or CCSP accreditation
3. Current Microsoft Azure (Microsoft Security Engineer) or AWS Security (AWS Security Professional) qualifications is advantageous
4. Excellent listening, communication and stakeholder management skills
5. Demonstrated technical & architectural background delivering cyber security architectures for projects
6. Experience working in both Agile and Structured delivery environments
7. Detailed understanding of digital, mobile and web architectures that leverage APIs, microservices, and stateless token based authentication and authorization
8. Experience with personalization and delivery of relevant managed content to digital channels.
9. Baseline Australian Government security clearance will be required to commence the position, and a willingness to undergo further NV1 clearance checks if required.
10. Experience working on cloud based projects, including working with digital transformation teams, UX/CX designers, and assistant technology enabled (Accessibility Compliant) applications is highly desirable
Pre-engagement Checks will be undertaken by NDIA and commencement is subject to the Specified Personnel meeting the standard in relation to the Pre-Engagement Check requirements. The Contractor must comply with and ensure ongoing compliance with the Pre-Engagement Checks. NDIA welcome candidates that hold the right to work within Australia.
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate