Jobs/Cyber Security Specialist
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$135 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory,Offsite
Overview and Responsibilities
This is a fixed term appointment to 30 June 2022 (with possible extension for a further 12 month period) for an experienced cyber security practitioner to provide cyber security services to the agency. A specific deliverable during the initial engagement will be to complete remediation activities surrounding the governance and compliance of the agency’s external technology service providers.
Key position responsibilities include
• Providing specialist cyber security advice to agency projects
• Providing advice agency-wide to enhance security operations and practices in accordance with the Protective Security Policy Framework, Information Security Manual and Australian Signals Directorate’s (ASD) Essential Eight Strategies to Mitigate Cyber Incidents.
• Creating governance documentation as required.
• Assisting with implementing cyber security work packages to produce an environment that supports the secure and effective delivery of projects.
• Assisting the Cyber Security team as needed This is a Canberra based position, however, outside the election period, split attendance between Canberra and an interstate AEC office may be facilitated for the right candidate. During the election period (typically 8 weeks), full-time attendance in the Canberra office is required.
1. Understanding and application of the Information Security Manual, Protective Security Policy Framework and Essential Eight
2. Experience in a GRC capacity, particularly for within a Commonwealth government entity
3. Experience in developing GRC documentation
Not Applicable for this opportunity
Must Have current negative vetting level 1 clearancecurrent nv1 clearance
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate