Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$90 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
Do you want to be part of a team that delivers world class government digital services and experiences? Well, we're looking for experienced Data Analysts to help us do just that.
As a Data Analyst, you will help us explore data to gain insights to inform and improve our service delivery. We expect that you will be comfortable interpreting data and translating metrics into meaningful statistics and attractive visualisations.
- Demonstrate your strong statistical and data analytical skills; your ability to identify patterns and trends throughout data; as well as your ability to translate complex information into visually appealing and accessible reports/formats.
- Outline your ability to work with a broad range of business and IT stakeholders to gather reporting requirements then analyse, interpret and integrate different disparate datasets to satisfy these requirements.
- Demonstrate your experience using different data analytics and visualisation tools such as SQL Server Management Studio, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Google Analytics or an Azure Data Platform Environment.
- Outline your self-management skills and your ability to work across multiple projects in a fast-paced changing environment. Talk about when you had to prioritise your tasks, work under limited direction while delivering complex data products and reports under tight timeframes.
- Tell us about a professional contribution you have made to a product, service, team or organisation of which you are proud.
- Experience working closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team using DevOps.
- Web analytics experience, including interpreting web traffic data and conversion rates using Google Analytics.
- Previous experience working with Employment data and systems.
Must have a current baseline clearance
Contract extensions through June 2023
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate