Agency / Department
Australian Electoral Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The AEC is seeking a Data Analyst to join a project team responsible for implementing a new program of work. This role will involve exploring large datasets, performing complex data analysis and drawing conclusions and insights to drive business improvements and opportunities.
- Experience turning data into actionable insights using statistically sound methods
- Recent programming experience using SAS
- Provide data analysis and visualisation of large datasets
- Assist with development and exploration/testing of data-based hypotheses
- Assist with the preparation of urgent data requests
- Communicate well, using professional judgement, evaluating risks and in the context of a complex and changing environment.
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed by the Management from time to time.
- Advanced skillset with using Microsoft Excel including queries, pivot tables, external data imports and formulas.
- Previous experience with Mapping and GIS.
- Data analysis skills including independently querying, testing and validating datasets and providing data extracts and analysis
- Identify, investigate and analyse data and current business processes, procedures and work practices to identify system requirements, inefficiencies, gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated experience in the required duties specified
- Demonstrated experience in the desirable duties specified
- Motivated and diligent in getting tasks completed on time
- Self managing and listen to desired outcomes
- Honest and high integrity
- Work as a team within our organisation
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions
One x 12 month extension option
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate