Data Architect / Analyst
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
This federal government agency is commencing a large scale, multi-year digital transformation program of work. The program seeks to streamline and modernise business systems and processes and reduce the administrative and regulatory burdens of the agency and external parties. The successful candidate will bring demonstrated experience in data architecture, data analysis, and a strong working knowledge of the Azure data services stack. The ideal candidate will be capable of working autonomously to design, implement and maintain Azure data transformation pipelines, data warehouses and advanced analytics solutions. The candidate will adapt quickly to the agency's environment and add value by engaging with business users and colleagues to deliver a range of high-quality work artefacts. As an experienced Data Architect / Analyst you will undertake the following activities: * Lead data discovery and design through facilitation with business stakeholders and analysis of existing data and systems * Lead the design and evolution of a range of metadata and data models, including the canonical, future-state conceptual and logical data models * Migrate (Extract Transform Load) a range of new and existing files, systems, databases and external data sources from on-premises to the Azure data stack using files, API's and other modern migration patterns * Work within an Agile (Scrum) SAFe Multi-Disciplinary team with minimum direction * Participate in internal and external working groups, including with vendors and other government agencies to lead data related discussions * Work with other team members to plan, define, manage and refine user stories, acceptance criteria and test cases to ensure business needs are fully captured, developed, tested and deployed * Articulate and champion business data needs to the delivery teams This role is based in Canberra and requires a high degree of face-to-face contact. Flexible working can be negotiated and will depend on operational needs. Candidates who can fully address both the essential and desirable criteria will be evaluated higher.
1. Demonstrated 5+ years experience working as a Data Architect / Analyst in an Azure cloud-based data environment.
2. A working understanding of the legislation and policy regarding use and management of data about individuals and corporations.
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to managing stakeholder engagement and delivery teams.
4. Demonstrated experience working within an Agile (Scrum) SAFe Multi-Disciplinary team with minimum direction. Including working with other team members to plan, define, manage and refine user stories, acceptance criteria and test cases to ensure business needs are fully captured, developed, tested and deployed.
1. Demonstrated experience working with Database Administration teams to establish a mutual understanding of existing SQL Infrastructure and Azure data platform.
2. Provision, configure and manage Azure cloud-based data platform built on Synapse, Data Lake Gen2, Data Factory, Data Bricks and other components of the Azure data platform.
3. Design and implement ETL processes to migrate and consolidate new and existing data sets from on-premises SQL Server databases, flat files, SharePoint, via API's and Azure data stores.
4. Automate deployment of Azure data platform components using PowerShell, DevOps and Azure Automation.
5. Document detailed design and processes for Azure data platform provisioning, pipelines and data stores.
Must Have current baseline clearance
2 x 12 month optional extensions