Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The department is seeking experienced data engineers to drive the design and implementation of cloud-based data analytics infrastructure for key data-centric projects.
- Data warehouse, ETL and coding language experience:
- Documented, hands-on ETL development using tools SQL Server Integration Services or Azure Data Factory.
- In-depth database management experience from design, development, delivery, validation and ongoing maintenance.
- Coding experience in programming scripting languages such as SQL, Python, R, C Sharp/C++, Powershell.
- Data modelling experience:
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data analytics, data mining and data modelling techniques.
- Documented minimum of 5 years’ experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Report development experience.
- Experience in report development using various data visualisation tools (such as Power BI, SAS, Qlik, Tableau).
- An applied understanding of UI design concepts.
- Data engineer experience:
- Demonstrated experience in developing, configuring, validating, and managing Microsoft cloud platforms, Data Factory, SQL Server, Databricks.
- Understanding of Machine Learning concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps and/or DataOps.
- Well-developed team collaboration, communication skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction and accountable for completion of work
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team environment including liaising with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment
- Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for
- Canberra Only,
- North Ryde Only
- Both locations
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries.
- Experience with the deployment and maintenance of machine learning models
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options