Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The department requires a Data Scientist who will apply expertise to develop and deliver processes and models to support intelligence or other departmental business activities and research that impact on strategic or operational outcomes.
- Apply expertise to undertake research and analysis, utilising techniques such as data and text mining processes and models, machine learning to discover patterns and trends in data.
- Produce SQL scripts and other data and statistical analytical programming
- Employ techniques that have the potential to make qualitative improvements and transform the way in which the department uses data to solve business problems.
- Collaborate with analytical and operational teams across the department to ensure the effective and reliable deployment of analytical solutions within departmental architecture.
- Other related activities to support the successful delivery of predictive and prescriptive analytical projects as required.
- High level demonstrated experience across many data science areas such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, text mining, data visualisation, statistical modelling.
- Has excellent programming skills in a range of languages including R, Python and SQL and version control (e.g. Git)
- Demonstrated experience in delivering to business both advanced predictive and prescriptive analytical products. This includes design, develop, implement, deploy, test and evaluate data mining processes, models and products. This includes deployment to a production server.
- Has qualifications in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative discipline.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships to achieve business outcomes; support decision making and influence others in the pursuit of project/business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in providing accurate, timely and appropriate advice and updates to clients and stakeholders. This includes presenting sophisticated analytical products to non-technical audience and senior executive.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server machine learning services.
- Experience with Mark Logic No-SQL databases and building data model with unstructured data.
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Option to extend for 2 periods of up to 12 months
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate