Jobs/Data Scientist / Dashboard Developer
Agency / Department
Independent Parliamentary Expenses Authority
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Independant Parliamentary Expenses Authority is seeking an experienced Data Scientist / Dashboard Developer to assist with increasing the agencies data capability by mentoring staff and implementing a series of dashboards.
Using a range of data sources relating to parliamentarians work expenses, the Senior Data Scientist will use an agile approach to design and deliver dashboards.
The dashboards will:
- Provide an overview of expenses
- Identify areas of risk
- Perform risk monitoring
- Identify outliers
- Enable evidence based decision making
- Benchmark parliamentarian’s work expenses
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for increasing IPEA’s data capability by mentoring 1-2 IPEA staff to assist in the development of the dashboard and developing instructional material for IPEA staff.
The Senior Data Scientist will provide detailed documentation outlining how to use, maintain and extend the dashboards including all data sources and data preparation/cleansing undertaken.
The Senior Data Scientist will work onsite at IPEA using IPEA’s network and systems. IPEA would like the data scientist on-site 2 days per week (max 15 hours per week), for approximately 12 weeks.
- 1. Dashboard
- 1.1. Proof of concept – Week 3
- 1.2. First draft – Week 6
- 1.3. Final product – Week 12
- 2. Mentoring/training IPEA staff: Weeks 1 - 12
- 3. Dashboard documentation: Week 12
- Demonstrated experience in the development of dashboards and expertise in business intelligence using tools such as Tableau, Power BI or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, an ability to quickly understand the data and operating environment to assist the business area interpret data and identify outliers
- Demonstrated experience in data extraction, cleansing and manipulation
- Experience with statistical analysis and statistical concepts
- Experience using SQL or similar query language to extract and manipulate data
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 3 month options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate