Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
Overview and Responsibilities
The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) requires an experienced Data Strategist with the appropriate skills and knowledge to assist with the development of a scoping project, including the:
• analysis of the existing provisioning methods for agencies into NCIS, including any data transformation/enrichment undertaken either by source agencies or ACIC during that provisioning.
• valuation of the information provisioned to enable cost/benefit analysis of what data provisioning activities should occur (either moved, replaced, added or no longer required).
• design options for provisioning processes, either for entire community or specific agencies.
• gap analysis against what capabilities are already available in NCIS, and what capabilities will be available at a time in the future and when. You must, in supplying deliverables, comply with, and ensure your personnel comply with: a) Have the ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government security clearance to the minimum of Negative Vetting Level 1. The cost of obtaining each security clearance and other related costs including the cost for revalidating the security clearance will be borne by the Seller. The Seller must ensure that its Specified Personnel promptly provide to the Buyer relevant details to assist with the security clearance process, and the Seller must notify the Buyer promptly in writing of any change in circumstances which is likely to affect the Buyer’s assessment of the Specified Personnel’s entitlement to hold a security clearance; b) Comply with all ACIC Policies which are available on request, and through the ACIC’s intranet site. This may include policies which relate to drug and alcohol testing; c) Undertake and pass a pre-employment screening process (Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA)) which includes a police check; d) comply with the requirements of the Continuing Organisational Suitability Assessment (COSA); e) As directed by the Agency, complete a Deed of Confidentiality or Non-Disclosure Agreement prior to commencement or comply with processes required to engage the Specified Personnel under section 48 of the Australian Crime Commission Act (2002). f) Undertake an induction program upon commencement. g) Undergo Agency training prior to commencing work if required - Work, Health and Safety training; and Security Awareness training h) Complete the work on the Agency Premises, or as otherwise directed by the Agency. You must ensure that your personnel uphold the values and behave in a manner that is consistent with the Australian Public Service Values and the APS Code of Conduct, as applicable to their work in connection with this Contract. The APS Values and Code of Conduct are contained in Part 3 of the Public Service Act 1999 (Cth).
1. A strong understanding of the ACICs current data management environment and how the ACICs data assets need to be improved: to meet the ACIC’s strategic business and data user’s needs.
2. The ability to develop and implement data management strategies, roadmaps, plans and change programs in a complex data and intelligence environment.
Ability to Obtain nv1 clearance
Up to 3 Months
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate