Jobs/Data Warehouse Modeller & Developer
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$110 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The Department requires skilled contractors with data warehouse modeller and developer skills to work in a high performing data warehousing team delivering analytics and workload measurement.
The Microsoft SQL data warehouse modellers and developers will provide services under direction including:
- obtain in-depth knowledge of a business area through data analysis and engagement and consultation with subject matter experts within business
- develop data models to meet specified business requirements that will allow future integration with other reporting products
- develop highly optimised SQL scripts in ELT scenarios
- write clear, business meaningful, code documentation that explains the intent and mechanics of scripts
- follow good programming practices and team programming conventions
- other related activities as required.
- Skills and proven experience in solving complex SQL problems is paramount. Role requires a code-first approach with proven ability to have an SQL-first, ELT, method to resolve complex business problems. Experience in commercial tools isn't a high priority as this role won't use commercial tools such as ErWIN, SSIS, DataStage.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver combined business analyst, data modeller and ETL developer services. This role will propose, negotiate, and create all the data transformation logic for business. The role will not separate between data modelling and ELT development.
- Ability to work independently in a rigorous, yet extremely rapid, environment. Ability to deliver incremental production changes on a weekly to fortnightly basis. Ability to adapt quickly with flexibility to changing demand and priorities
- SQL Server query tuning, including the ability to diagnose problems using the query planner
- SQL Server Analysis Services: Tabular modelling, DAX
- Advance computer science/software programming skills
Ability to obtain baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate