Jobs/Data Warehouse/ETL Developers
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$115 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory
The department is seeking experienced Data Warehouse/ETL Developers to meet emerging needs of the department and business areas, through the development and maintenance of an innovative, robust and sustainable data analytics and integration capability.
As a Data Warehouse/ETL Developer, you will be required to:
- Develop and implement data warehousing / data lake solutions to assist with the evolution of end-to-end business intelligence and analytical solutions including cloud based solutions such as Microsoft Azure;
- Conduct data modelling on existing and emerging transactional and business intelligence data assets to inform data architecture;
- Develop, implement and review data-related infrastructure, processes, and procedures; and
- Assist in documenting research, data findings and approach activities as part of a wider team.
- Manage the load of the Data Warehouse from the OLTP databases.
- Manage software releases
- Data warehouse, ETL and coding language experience:
- Documented, hands-on ETL development using tools like SQL Server Integration Services or Azure Data Factory.
- In-depth database management experience from design, development, delivery, validation, ongoing maintenance.
- Coding experience in programming scripting languages such as SQL, Python, R, C Sharp/C++, Powershell.
- Data modelling experience:
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data analytics, data mining and data modelling techniques.
- Documented minimum of 5 years’ experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Understanding of conceptual, logical and physical model design, operation of data stores, data warehouses, data lakes and data marts, including technical experience with the SQL language and scripting techniques.
- Demonstrated extensive contemporary experience with one or more toolsets and technologies, such as MS SQL Server and SSIS.
- Well-developed team collaboration and communication skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction with competing priorities and be accountable for completion of work; and
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment.
- Please indicate which locations you wish to be consider for
- Canberra Only,
- North Ryde Only
- Both locations
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team environment including liaising with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in Cloud solutions experience such as Microsoft Azure
Must have current baseline clearance
Two x 12 month extension options
**Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate