Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Agency / Department
Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$120 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The ICT Group delivers the infrastructure, systems and services that supports the other Groups in the discharge of their statistics and information responsibilities. Within the ICT Group there are four sections, the Business and Development Unit, the Strategies and Architecture Unit, IT Security Unit and the Operations and Platform Unit. Together, the ICT Group provides project management, applications development, architecture, infrastructure and security support to AIHW’s evolving and expanding business requirements.
AIHW’s rich mix of technologies, coupled with the Institutes’ dynamic and nationally significant work program, makes for a challenging and exciting work environment.
The ICT Operations and Platform Unit provides and administers the ICT infrastructure necessary to support the AIHW’s evolving and expanding business.
The successful applicant will assist with the management and administration of AIHW ICT databases in an integrated environment, including associated networks, peripherals, data storage, archive and backup.
Under general direction:
- Work as part of a small team to provide a high quality client focused ICT environment and deliver against the ICT Strategy
- Administer and maintain the corporate SQL infrastructure, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis.
- Support the installation, configuration, security, user authentication and maintenance of all SQL servers, equipment, and software related to SQL infrastructure as required
- Support and maintain corporate database systems and associated software, including monitoring, backup and recovery services.
- Provide support and back u to other areas such as SharePoint administration
- Plan and execute SQL patching and upgrades
- Provide automated reporting
- Maintain clear and up-to-date system and software documentation, and procedures.
- Assist with ICT infrastructure project, support and upgrade as required
1. See attached job description and provide a 500 word summary of how you best match the position
responses to selection criteria
Other - Must be an Australian citizen