Jobs/Desktop Support Analyst
Apply for this opportunity
Why do you think you are the best choice for this position?
Agency / Department
Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$60 per hour***
Australian Capital Territory,New South Wales,Northern Territory,Queensland,South Australia,Tasmania,Victoria,Western Australia,Offsite
Overview and Responsibilities
PM&C is seeking the services of one Desktop Support Analyst to provide a high level of customer service and support to our users.
The Desktop Support Team is the escalation point for the Service Desk and to assist with on-site support for the department.
The Desktop Support Analyst must have a current Baseline security clearance.
The Desktop Support Analyst will specifically undertake the following duties:
• Queue management via the department’s service management tool
• Win 10 System Administration
• Build and preparation of Win 10 and Office 365 devices for deployment
• Face-to-face user support and training (including for VIP SES staff)
• Win 10 and Office 365 System Administration
• Knowledge Base Development
• Compiling and troubleshooting issues before progressing to Tier 3 teams, as well as working with the Tier 1 team
• Providing videoconferencing support to departmental staff
• Other duties as directed by PM&C representatives The Desktop Support Analyst will also have:
• Willingness to travel to sites located in various locations in other states as required
• Willingness to work in various locations/sites within the ACT
• The ability to communicate with maturity, discretion and influence when dealing with clients and stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to respond with assistance to general enquires and requests from internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to contribute and promote a client focused culture within the team (either through personal behaviour or mentoring junior Desktop staff)
1. • A minimum of 6-12 months of experience in an ICT Operational Support environment.
1. • Experience working in a Desktop/Tier 2 support environment or customer service environment
• Experience working with Microsoft Server products and Active Directory
• Experience in supporting Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Windows 10
• Experience in supporting iPhones and iPads
2. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams • Ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures • Interested in career development, Self- Development and training • A passion for delivering excellent customer service • Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
Ability to Obtain nv1 clearance
The Department may extend the term of the contract for any number of period(s) up to 30 June 2024
***Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for more information regarding the expected rate