Digital Content Management Service Provider
Apply before 6PM (AEDT) on: Monday, November 15, 2021
Australian Capital Territory
Agency / Department
Department of Education, Skills and Employment
Expected Rate (inc. Super)
$100 per hour***
Overview and Responsibilities
The Careers Digital team is looking for a services provider is experienced in producing innovative website content and with an eye for detail. ‘Careers Digital’ has the product ownership role of the YourCareer website, which is one of the primary strategic offerings of the National Careers Institute within the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. YourCareer provides citizen users with the information resources and guidance related to the consideration, choice, skills, and training associated with career pathways for Australians. The successful service provider will embedded their employee (s) within the team to deliver content outcomes prioritised by the team’s leadership and relevant stakeholders. You will be asked to work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to write and improve career-specific content. The two main task are: - Establish the content governance and management processes for Your Career - Convert a large number of documents into HTML content Additionally the service provider will be required to: - Edit and administer website content using Content Management Systems (CMS) such as GovCMS - Optimise web content for best practice Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 - Work closely with internal stakeholders across the Department to assist with development of career-related content - Assist in developing innovative and targeted content that meets the needs of the audience. The ideal organisation for this role will have experience with agile working arrangements and have highly developed stakeholder and communication skills.
1. Demonstrated experience in web content governance, management and creation
2. Demonstrated experience consolidating web content including converting documents into HTML
3. Experience working in GovCMS
4. Knowledge of Web Accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and demonstrable experience in applying those concepts to web content
5. Ability to investigate technical and business problems, produce and document requirements for solutions to meet business and customer needs.
1. An ability to influence and agree website content with the information stakeholders
Ability to Obtain baseline clearance